Finding employment as a graphic designer is probably the main goal I want to achieve. In the end I want to have a stronger understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite (beyond what little I know of Photoshop); be able to create with the pen tool then as easily as I can with the brush tool now; have a portfolio that truly showcases my growth artistically; to be able to create an animated short in Flash; to develop the confidence to better communicate/present my ideas. And on top of all that I want to have created a website to display it all on.
Inspiration could come from anything around me. I like noticing the little details, the things most people would not see; the subtle blending of colours, the different textures. There’s a photo sitting on a shelf at home, it’s from a long time ago, the sky is this incredible blending of reds and oranges. I’ve probably overused this photo for so many pieces of art, but it still inspires me.
At the end of this program what do I hope to have achieved? I want to be able to look forward and not have that little voice in the back of my mind saying what if. I don’t want all the work I create during my time in this program to just end up like my old animation storyboards – sitting around and gathering dust. I guess an important part of why I chose this program was to get into a field that I can be passionate about. I don’t think that’s proper grammar, but at this point I think my mind is running on fumes – cousin-sitting and homework assignments don’t mix.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It will be interesting to look back at this post once you've completed this program. I'm sure you will find you are amazed will all you have learned and created. The path of a creative, artistic person is always an interesting learning experience. Even those pieces that sit on the shelf collecting dust are important and part of the journey.
ReplyDeleteI love how you can take a simple old photo and can run with it many different ways. Now imagine if you have 1000 old photos. =)
ReplyDelete