When I was reading the texture notes that example with the owl kept sticking in my mind. The style seemed so familiar. Then suddenly it hit me - Where The Wild Things Are, written and illustrated by Maurice Sendak. It's not a very recent example, but it definitely fit the definition - the impression of texture through line, shape, and value. I think the use of line plays a great part in the strength of the illustrations. Max and the Wild Things' world wouldn't be the same if they were simple line art without texture.
I'll probably look for some more recent examples, but I just wanted to post this before I forgot what I wanted to say.

Good one!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see the movie. Have you seen the trailers?
I've seen some trailers. Am kinda curious as to how the film and book will compare. The monsters remind me of this Jim Henson show, it had Kermit and the usual muppets but also these darker creations.
ReplyDelete